A roof is a serious investment. Not only does it cost quite a bit of money, but it also provides key functions for protecting and securing your home. A roof has to withstand the elements, it plays an important role in the efficiency of a home, and it also contributes to a home’s curb appeal. Understanding the importance of a roof helps you to also understand the importance of choosing the best roofing contractor.
Below are 10 tips for choosing the best roofing contractor:
- Word of mouth. If other people have had a positive experience, you likely will, too.
- Warranties. Consider the types of warranties they provide for roofing materials and services.
- Proper licensing. You want to make sure they have the appropriate credentials to be working on your home.
- Roofing material options. Choose a roofing contractor who provides you with a variety of options in terms of the types of materials
- Better Business Bureau ratings. Check their BBB ratings to determine how well they perform their services.
- Knowledge & guidance. A roofing contractor should know more about roofs than anyone and should help you select the best option for your circumstances.
- Trustworthiness. There are some contractors who are not honest about insurance claims, so you want to do your homework so you know if they’re providing an honest service.
- Written estimates. It’s much better to select a contractor who puts on paper the estimated cost of a project.
- Post-project cleanup. Many contractors leave a mess behind them. You don’t want to have to clean up after someone you’re paying to take care of your home.
- Experience with all types of roofing materials. You want to choose a contractor who knows what they’re doing.
A roofing contractor needs to be someone you can trust and rely on for providing you with the best options, pricing, and services.