When it comes time to replace or repair your roof, there are a few different things you should consider before hiring a roofing contractor. Besides comparing quotes, it is also wise to look at previous customer satisfaction, reputation of the company and workers, and to ask specifically about the following five things:
- Licensure. Different states have different requirements for licensure, so it is important to be sure the roofer you hire has the proper licensure for your state. At Midian Roofing, we are fully licensed and insured in GA, SC, NC, TN, AL & FL and take pride in maintaining the highest roofing standards.
- Workers’ Compensation. Always be sure that the roofing contractor you chose provides workers’ compensation/insurance for all their employees on your property. This protects you, and can provide everyone involved with the project with greater peace of mind.
- Old Roof Disposal. While you may be getting a new roof, you certainly don’t want to be left with the mess of the old roof. A good roofing contractor should provide a place for the refuse. At Midian Roofing, we provide cleanup after installation and leave your yard and landscaping without a trace of the old roof.
- Permits. As you can imagine, there are certain permits required by municipalities to ensure things are up to code and following all applicable laws. We provide these permits for you, so that you don’t have to worry about missing one.
- Written Estimates. No hidden fees or surprises should show up on your final bill. Having a written estimate, as opposed to just a verbal estimate, allows you to be aware of exactly how the estimate is broken down and what possible repairs or additions might be being figured in.