A quality roof is one of the best things that you can have to protect your property. Here at Midian Roofing, our job is to ensure that your roof is up to the highest of standards. We are able to help you with issues that cover the spectrum of roofing services, including roof replacement. If you are worried about your roof, it is time to look out for signs that can warn you a roof replacement is in your future, including:
- The age of your roof is climbing. A standard shingle roof only lasts about 15-20 years. This number can be lower or higher depending on a number of different factors in your area.
- People in your neighborhood are replacing their roofs. Because many homes in a neighborhood are going to be built around the same time, it helps to keep up with the Joneses in this case! If a neighbor whose home was built in the same timeframe as yours is going through a roof replacement, it might be time for you to follow suit.
- Your roof has a significant percentage of shingles missing. In some cases, missing shingles can be repaired. However, if there are many shingles missing over a large percentage of your roof, a roof replacement may be in order.
- Storms or structural damage have done significant damage to your roof. Hail, wind and even trees can do serious damage to your roof. If you have significant damages or structural damages, a roof replacement could be necessary.
- You have noticed lots of granules in your downspouts. When your shingles start to age, they break down. This can cause the granules to come loose and end up in your downspouts after a rainy day.
- Leaks are starting to form in your ceiling or attic. Sometimes you don’t need to be on the roof to see your damages to your roof! If you notice that leaks are starting to form inside, immediately have your roof inspected.
- You notice curling shingles. Curling shingles are a sign of an aging roof. Whether you see many or just a few, it’s time to get your roof checked!
- The roof is starting to grow moss or mildew. Moss, mildew and other plant life are hazardous for roofing! If you see moss or mildew growing between the shingles or next to the house, time to check in with our experts!
If you have questions about your roof replacement, then it’s time to contact our experts. For more information, please contact us today!