Replacing your roof can seem very overwhelming to many homeowners. The preparation, cost, and actual replacement take time and you may not know where to start or how to prepare for roof replacement. However, if you consider these five tips before your roof is replaced, the process will be much smoother and easier for your entire family.
- Move your vehicles. While roofers are replacing your roof, chances are nails, dirt, and other debris will find their way onto your lawn and area around your home. You can keep your vehicles safe and undamaged by making sure they are moved to a location away from your home.
- Remove any loose wall hangings or decorations. If you have decor that isn’t firmly attached, the vibrations and shaking on your roof could displace some of these items.
- Clean out the attic. If you have an attic with storage or other belongings, it is also wise to cover those belongings to keep them clean. During roof replacement, it is common for some dust to fall into the attic space and covering your possessions with a sheet or plastic covering will help with easy cleanup after the installation is complete.
- Move any outside items away from the edge of your home. This will protect things like patio furniture, grills, or plants from falling debris and dust.
- Be extra careful around your home during the replacement process. As well as dirt and debris, there may be dangerous material and nails that have fallen from your roof.
Roof replacement doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process, especially when you work with a professional team like ours at Midian Roofing. Contact us today to learn more about roof replacement!